What follows is a brief précis of the fundamental point of view of the Gornahoor project.
We hold to three degrees of knowledge:
- Doxa (sensus, opinion, sensual knowledge). Direct, intuitive knowledge through the senses. I taste the sweetness and moistness of a mango.
- Dianoia (ratio, rational knowledge). Indirect knowledge, discursive reasoning, science. I study the structure of the mango and its history as a crop.
- Episteme (intellectus, intuition). Direct, intuitive knowledge of the supra-sensible. I grasp the idea of a mango.
- Spirit is prior to matter
- The great chain of being from God, to the spiritual hierarchy, man, animals, plants, matter
This science describes the nature of man. Man, such as he is, exists in one of three states.
- The sensual man is focused on doxa, or the satisfaction of his material needs and desires. His opinions come ready-made from his social groups and are not questioned or investigated.
- The rational man seeks to investigate the sources of the sensual world. There are two options:
- Science. Only the sensual world exists. Knowledge is achieved by investigating the facts of the sensual world and forming general laws to explain them.
- Religion. A supra-sensible world exists, but there is no way to know it directly. Hence, it is accepted as a matter of belief, based on authority or revelation.
- The intellectual man has direct access to and knowledge of the supra-sensible realm.
The sensual world is the reflection of the spiritual world and, thus, has no independent existence. It evolves, in the original sense of the world: as the unfolding of an originary idea. An analogy is that of a symphony, which exists as an idea until musicians perform it; thus the symphony is revealed in the sensual world. As a whole, the world process is the unfolding of the three fundamental ideals.
- Beauty. The world process is a creative process, revealing beauty and harmony.
- Good. The sufficient reason for the world is the Will. Hence, the world process is a moral action, based on virtue (manliness, strength). The world comes into existence through Power.
- Truth. The world is a reflection of the Logos (reason, law). Hence, the world process must follow the logos, or else descend into formlessness. The unity of the logos is highly differentiated and hierarchical, since it is infinite and subject to no limitation.
Politics, as the “queen of the sciences”, describes the proper relations of men in their social groupings. As such, it must take into account the findings of all the other sciences, including Anthropology and Cosmology. Hence, all contemporary divisions into left and right are misleading, and ultimately ineffective.
As Evola pointed out, the correct political position is what “every well-bred man considered sane, healthy, and normal prior to the French revolution.” That is, the harmonious over the discordant, the good over the perverse, order over disorder and the undifferentiated mass.
The battle, therefore, is between those who would uphold the Traditional order, and the various revolutionary forces that seek to overthrow it. The revolution operates on multiple fronts.
The Western Tradition is based on the axis from Greece and Rome, and its prolongation in time to Paris (Charles Maurras). We would extend that back even further to its Indo-European roots in Egypt, Persia, India. We, therefore, see continuity from the classical period to the Catholic medieval era and even into modern times.
We acknowledge the existence of a Western esoteric tradition, which at various times has made itself known and at others, has had to hide itself. This tradition has been based on Hermeticism, whether the ancient pagan mysteries or Christian alchemy. The goal of this Tradition is the reintegration of man into his Primordial state; this is true, whether pagan or Christian.
Hence, we reject the typical superficial distinctions between pagan and Christian. This requires the simultaneous rejection of those vulgar expressions of paganism as the life of non-transcendent sensuality, and Christian other-worldliness unnourished by its esoteric sources.